We are pleased to be in a position to begin seeing a limited number of patients face-to-face at the Practice from Monday 15th June. However, it will take some time before services return to what you previously experienced as normal and until we are able to carry out all routine procedures.
Your safety and quality of service will always be our top priority and some of the changes we are adopting in line with government guidance in light of the current pandemic include:
- We will ask you some screening questions to assess your health before your appointment as well as on arrival at the practice.
- We will ask that you arrive on time for your appointment, as you will no longer be able to wait in the practice waiting room.
- At the time of your appointment, we will phone or text you to enter the practice and you will be met by a team member wearing appropriate PPE.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing, as well as a full decontamination clean of the practice in between patients. This means that we may be able to offer you fewer options for scheduling your appointment time.
Attending your appointment
- Please attend alone unless there are exceptional circumstances (e.g. a carer).
- We ask that you wear a face covering.
- Please only bring minimal belongings into the practice and bring your own pen (if you will need to sign paper forms).
- Upon arrival we will ask you to sanitise your hands and have your temperature taken.
- You may notice that auxillary items such as children’s toys and magazines which are difficult to disinfect have been removed.
- Please note that our toilet facilities will be temporarily closed.
- Our staff have had comprehensive training in infection control as well as specific training in the measures needed to protect you during the pandemic.
- The staff have their temperature taken daily, follow rigorous hand hygiene and now wear additional protective clothing depending on the treatment required, including filtration masks, visors, aprons and gloves.
After your treatment
- Before leaving you must sanitise your hands.
- We ask that card payments are made in place of cash payments.
- We allow an hour between each patient for full disinfection and decontamination of the areas used following higher risk procedures.